Thursday, January 26, 2012

free men.

"Early on, I made the mistake of wanting spiritual feelings to endure and remain romantic. Like a new couple expecting to always feel in love, I operated my faith thinking God and I were going to walk around smelling flowers. When this didn't happen, I became confused.

What was more frustrating than the loss of exhilaration was the return of my struggles with sin. I had become a Christian, so why did I still struggle with lust, greed, and envy? Why did I want to get drunk at parties or cheat on tests?"

---excerpted Blue Like Jazz, Donald Miller
------------
If only people knew how free they actually are--that struggles with sin will seem of less and less of a conflict as they learn more and more about what Jesus has already accomplished for them. God sent His Son to die for us in spite of our sinful nature. What love!

The finished work is greater.  :)

No comments: