Friday, March 18, 2011

chilling.

"Sometimes I will enter into God's presence and I won't say a word. I used to think I had to talk all the time when I was with God. Now, it's more like a flesh-and-blood relationship. Some days I'm chatty and full of things to tell Him; other days I say nothing the whole time. Sometimes my conversation with God is energetic and animated; other times I'll just sit and meditate. It reminds me of times with my dad. Without question, we love each other. Sometimes we'll drive someplace and the two of us will talk nonstop; other days we might drive an hour without saying anything. Either way I'm still comforted because I'm in his presence."

- The Cause Within You, Matthew Barnett

4 comments:

shaowei said...

wow, this is really good! it makes sense to me now where Matthew Barnett gets all his energy from. mountain-top experience :) i guess u're almost done with the book?

jer said...

haha thought of what u told me about jem when i read this.

jer said...

almost done with the book but not yet!

shaowei said...

heh, just read your replies. yups! loving without agenda. jem!!